Sunday, November 15, 2009

Since the 2nd Crit

Since the crit, I have mainly concerned myself with exterior form and how to better express the folding gesture. I started by creating a new model that creates some new spaces and reconfigures some previously existing spaces.


Again, the rigidity of the modeling material is an issue.

While this model was interesting, it was much too complicated.Simplification would help reinforce the gesture, but for a while I struggled with how it should be done.

After reading the blog post 'on minimalism'(link in the links section), I got some new ideas on how to reinterpret my project. There were many projects talked about in the post, but a few stuck out to me the most, like the Laboratory at Utrecht by UN StudioThe Eyebeam Museum by diller + scofidio, and The Maritime Youth Center by BIG + JDS.


After looking at projects like those, I sketched this. To me it seems to articulate the gesture a lot better and begins to express the continuity I have been thinking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment